Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thanksgiving and things

So Thanksgiving was 2 days ago. It was the first Thanksgiving for several things:
1. Having "family" Thanksgiving at our house
2. First since my dad passed
3. First Thanksgiving without going to my grandma's
4. First without going to her family's house.

This year has been full of heartbreak but if it's shown me anything it's that I, and my wife, can persevere through whatever comes our way and I am so thankful to have this woman in my life. She's brought about so much positive change in my life. She's the reason I stopped smoking completely, I stopped drinking so much and so regularly, started eating healthier, encouraged me to write my book, pursue a career in leadership, get help with my anxiety and depression, and helped me embrace my love for video games and horror movies.

With her I can truly be me and I'm so grateful for that. I've been in relationships where I constantly had to put on a good face and pretend to be whatever they wanted me to be. With her it's just me: all the good, bad and in between. There aren't enough good things to say about her. She's just absolutely amazing.

I'm not really sure where I was going with this post. As I sit here stoned, watching the 90s Xmen cartoon under my Ninja Turtle Snuggie like a literal adult child. Apocalypse is talking about cleansing the world and building anew and I find myself drifting off into a world where my decisions were mostly inconsequential. There's so  much weighing on decisions some days it feels like more than I can handle. But I power through and do whatever is necessary. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. Seeing the results of a series of good decisions is one of the most satisfying things ever. Over the course of the last 10 years my wife and I made a series of good financial decisions and now we're only a few days away from being free from student loans. And I'm incredibly proud of us.

That's all I've got for right now. Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment